Member-Owners can participate at the Co-op and earn greater discounts on their purchases by becoming working owners. Participation of working owners plays a fundamental role in the daily functioning of the Co-op.
Examples of Working Owner Positions:
- Packaging bulk goods to be sold in the store
- Preparing food in the Carriage House Bakery & Deli
- Helping at in-store or marketing events
- Providing maintenance/repair services
- Serving on a committee or the Board of Directors
Current Available Working Owner Positions:
- Wood Stacking
- Bakery & Deli Food Prep
- Cleaning in the store
- Store Maintenance Projects
If you are not sure which position might fit you best, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the store at 315-265-4630 and we will do our best to help you find a position that works with your schedule and skill set.
Working Owner Discounts
- Working Member-Owners receive a 10 % discount.
Working positions require one hour of work per month, per adult in the household.
For example: If there are two adults in your household, then you will have to work two hours during the month in order to receive a 10% discount.
- Core-Working Member-Owners receive a 20% discount.
Core-Working positions require three hours of work per week, regardless of the number of adults in the household. These are important positions on which the Co-op depends, therefore they are usually reserved for people who have proven themselves to be reliable. Typically, a Member-Owner will start out as a 10% Working owner before they can move on to a Core-Working position, however this is not always the case, so be sure to check in with a Working Owner Coordinator.
- Committee Member-Owners receive a 10% discount.
There are a variety of committees that function as branches of the Board of Directors. Member-Owners can join any one of these committees and, as long as they participate actively, they will receive a 10% discount for the duration of their time on the committee.